Friday 31 December 2010

ALL SETTLED IN!

Well, into my fourth week with my new family and I am loving it! I remember the people in the dog's home telling my new family that I only eat dried food, one cup in the morning and one at night.
Guess what?... Azzy didn't listen (Whooohoooo!) I'm eating things like chicken, pork, steak and mince, she only uses the dried food as snacks after we have been out for our long walks twice a day, it's fantastic!

I'm being really good but sometimes I get a little cheeky. I got a sharp tap on the nose this morning for chewing and ripping the bottom corner of the suite but Azzy only tapped and said "NO!", Now I know not to do that again. Guess I shouldn't keep taking all my toys in the garden and should leave some inside to play with.

Talking about the garden, it was very nice when I arrived, lots of plants and a green grassy lawn but now it seems to have turned into churned up muddy soil instead of grass, I have no idea how that happened? It couldn't be me charging round in circles, scratching and digging could it? Naw!
There is lots to play with in my garden, I found little female's 'hula hoop' that was great fun for a while although it is now little female's 'hula little bits of plastic all over the place' and I found an inner tube for big male's bike, that was great fun ripping into little teeny strips of rubber and loads of little flower pots to chew, I'm having a great time!
I pulled some lattice fencing down to chuck about, pinch stones from round the plants and throw them about and have removed the squirty gun bit from the end of the hose pipe, (that was great fun!) I keep taking rocks, stones, snails and bits of fencing in the house for Azzy but she just takes it off me and throws it back outside?????

We have great fun on our walks, I play with my best friend 'Tess' and get to meet all the other dogs in the area who, of course, are ALL my friends, as are any cats, birds and humans I meet along the way so I try to jump up and play with every one of them, sometimes they will play with me but some won't, Azzy seems to know which will play and allows me to approach them or let them to come to me.

I am being taught not to run into the road and to sit at the kerb until the road is clear and not to drag Azzy all over the place, but to walk at her side.
I'm a good lad and like her to be pleased with me so do as I am told for the most part, sometimes though I forget and she shouts "NO", I cower a bit at this as I am sorry but I know she won't hit me. I know I will get better and better as I learn more and I know we are one great big happy family, I love it here!

This is my signature on one of Azzy's chairs.







That's all for now, I'm due my second walk of the day to get little female from school.
Until next time.......Woof!

2 comments:

i beati said...

ah growing and settling pains..love you Max

Graham Ettridge said...

Awwww how cute! I'd so love to have a dog of my very own! It certainly looks like Max has had a fun time in the garden...lol!